- How to Add Funds to JMC Lunch Accounts
- Cost to Educate – Iowa Catholic Schools
- Healthy Snack and Meal Planning
- Exercise & Fitness
- Health & Safety
- New Teen Driver Information
How to Add Funds to Your JMC Lunch Account
Cost to Educate Infographic
Healthy Snack and Meal Planning
Pick a Better Snack: Provides recipes, activities, seasonal links, and a recipe of the month from Iowa State University Extension and Iowa Department of Public Health. Great resources for both school and home use!
Menu Planning Guide for Child Care: This booklet provides information on the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Meal Pattern requirements, serving quality meals and snacks, and tips on menu planning and grocery shopping.
Healthy Eating for Children 2 Through 5 Years Old: A Guide for Parents and Childcare Providers: a concise, informative article about kids’ nutrition at preschool age.
Exercise and Fitness
Let’s Move! A new effort to help our youngest children get off to a healthy start. Part of Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move campaign, the site includes tools for families, preschools, and daycare providers.
Let’s Move! Website
Health & Safety
Safe Kids & Automobiles: Leaving children unattended in a vehicle can pose a great danger to their well-being and safety. Make it a point to never leave your child alone in a car. Follow these links for more information on efforts to spread the word about this important issue! Safe Kids USA!
http://www.dps.state.ok.us/psa or http://www.safekids.org/nlyca
Johnson County’s Informative Website on Communicable Diseases: With many emerging public health issues, it is more important than ever to stay up to date on health issues facing the community.
New Teen Driver Information
For new drivers, these guides include how to prevent risky behaviors — like texting and driving — and practical considerations for parents, like what to expect when adding a teen driver to an auto insurance policy.
For this series, our editors and data analysts put together some information that’s pretty hard to come by on the web. Features include:
- Iowa teen car insurance premium pricing information
- Advice for Iowa drivers from policy experts such as state insurance commissioners, highway safety officials, and the AAA
- Extensive car insurance premium info in Iowa
- Tips for parents on how much it’ll cost on average to add a teen driver to their policy, what teen driver behaviors will trigger steep rate hikes, and how a car’s make and model can greatly influence what they pay in insurance