Regina Strategic Goals and Initial Objectives
Click the titles below to see the goals and objectives for each area.
GOAL 1: Regina will integrate faith, academics, and culture so that all members of the
community can prepare to become Disciples of Christ.
● In partnership with the diocese, increase professional development opportunities for
faculty and religious education staff on Catholic faith formation and diversity/inclusivity.
● Develop a proposal for a K-12 prayer portfolio for all Regina students that would
integrate into the curriculum and document their faith journey throughout their Regina
● Using tools provided by the diocese and National Catholic Education Association
(NCEA), review of Regina’s religious education offerings including those offered via
pre-K-12 education and religious education programs.
GOAL 2: Regina will establish an atmosphere of acceptance, compassion, and inclusivity celebrating that all students are made in the image and likeness of God.
● Develop and disseminate a welcoming statement for new families, students, and
community members that reflects our Catholic faith and social teaching.
● Leverage NCEA tools to develop and conduct a campus climate survey to review
student and family sense of community and belonging in Regina.
● Expand opportunities for engaging students of non-Catholic backgrounds in religion
courses and faith activities.
● Re-ignite the new parent welcome program for K-12 parents and evaluate all welcoming activities for new families and students.
GOAL 3: Regina will prioritize PK through 12 vertical alignment of curriculum in order to assure that students are future ready for each grade level and post-secondary work, education and faith.
● Develop best-in-class programming for the Regina Catholic Education Center with
facilities and highly qualified staff to meet the ever-evolving needs of early learners.
● Equip teachers and staff with enhanced professional development opportunities to
deliver evidence-based instructional strategies.
● Equip teachers and staff with tools and support in order to deliver evidence-based
instructional strategies (cognitive strategies, learning skills and techniques, and freedom to experiment) to ensure optimal outcomes for all students.
● Regularly engage and inform parents of students’ academic goals, curriculum, and
status for greater collaboration in their success.
GOAL 4: Regina will provide equitable, innovative and rigorous curriculum and instruction based on the Iowa Core and National Standards for Catholic Schools to meet the needs of diverse learners and ensure an optimal learning environment.
● Collect, analyze and utilize data to support student achievement, goal setting,
curriculum, post-secondary success, extracurricular activities, etc.
● Attract and retain highly skilled and qualified staff.
GOAL 5: Regina will recognize and meet the rapidly changing needs of students within and beyond the classroom and provide the services, resources and referrals that ensure they are capable, confident and conscientious.
● Provide resources to expand the support system available to students in need of
guidance and counseling.
● Implement training for faculty and staff on a regular basis to recognize student needs relative to social, emotional, and behavioral health.
● Expand service learning and the understanding of its importance both within and beyond the school doors and community.
● Provide college and/or career readiness resources for students and parents that will
support 8-12th grade post-secondary planning.
● Increase student interaction with alumni and across grade levels within both academics and activities.
● Implement clear and consistent messaging of positive behaviors and enforcement of code of conduct.
GOAL 6: Regina will grow enrollment to meet the optimal level by 2025–26.
● Determine optimal enrollment for 2025–26 and identify tipping points for enrollment that would result in further evaluation.
● Create a value proposition and update foundational documents (mission, values, portrait of a graduate, etc.) to demonstrate the unique benefits that accrue to students and families in the Regina community.
● Revise Regina Catholic Education Center website with current best practices.
● Develop a parent communication plan that documents the benefits of longevity in the Regina experience to increase retention through high school graduation.
● Document current student recruitment plan inclusive of demographic analysis.
● Decrease student attrition rates.
● Document current marketing practices and create a master calendar.
● Increase Regina presence and visibility in the partner parishes, Iowa City and
GOAL 7: Regina will enhance the student experience with Pre-K through 12 facilities that meet academic, athletic, artistic, and religious needs and goals.
● Develop a Master Facilities Plan for the Regina campus inclusive of academic, artistic, athletic and religious needs.
● Ensure Regina facilities reflect a strong Catholic Identity and sense of history and pride in our collective Catholic heritage and tradition.
GOAL 8: Regina will demonstrate its commitment to Catholic Social Teaching through prudent financial management with a priority on need-based aid, just compensation and endowment funding.
● Develop tuition and financial aid models that allow Regina to balance staff compensation and an affordable Catholic education.
● Create a data-driven financial model and balance sheet.
● Partner with Regina Foundation to increase alumni engagement and philanthropic support.
● Partner with Regina Foundation to Identify and cultivate long-term funding sources.