PISA (Parents in Support of Arts), has evolved to provide support to the Regina Elementary and Regina Junior/Senior High School visual and performing arts programs. Through vigorous fundraising and promotion of the Fine Arts at Regina, PISA strives to create an enhanced artistic environment in which students can grow and thrive.
Regina High School Fall Play: October 17 & 18, 2020
Harvey – A Comedy By Mary Chase
Directed by Richard Tiegs
Harvey Performance Times:
- Saturday, Oct. 17 at 2:00 PM
- Saturday, Oct. 17 at 7:00 PM
- Sunday, Oct. 18 at 2:00 PM
All tickets must be pre-reserved for each performance in order to set up seating groups that are socially distanced by 6 ft.
Click HERE to reserve tickets.
Audience members are required to wear a mask or face covering.
Wreath, Garland Poinsettia, and Butter Braid Sale
PISA’s biggest fundraiser! Happening October – December!
This is our largest fundraiser each year! Please consider making a purchase for your family, and don’t forget to take orders, or share the information with extended family, friends and neighbors. Donations are excepted as well.
Order Deadline: Orders are due ONLINE Friday, October 30 by 5:00 pm. http://regina.org/pisa
Order Pick Up: Saturday, December 5th at 15 Gleason Dr, Iowa City 52240. 8am – Noon.
Make ONE purchase when doing multiple orders online for your family and friends.
* For this year, we will offer no contact local delivery for $10.00. Door drops will be Saturday or Sunday. You will be contacted with your estimated delivery time and will be responsible for your items once dropped.
Remember that Braids and Cookie Dough must be kept frozen.
Fundraiser Contact: Danelle Stipes, email@example.com, or 865-385-9965 (text works too!)
Coffee House Theater
Solicit volunteers to provide treats and coffee during the annual speech competition showcase. Set up and serve at event. Contact Rachael Lacina to volunteer.
Jr. High Play
Annual junior high school production which occurs in the spring. Needs someone to coordinate and solicit volunteers for ticket sales, concessions, parent messages, and publicity is needed.
We invite you to attend our monthly meetings held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 5:15 PM. We normally meet in the HS library, however currently we will be meeting monthly via Google Meet to follow school guidelines to help us protect our students, staff and families from the spread of COVID-19. If you are interested in receiving the link to join the Google Meet please e-mail Shane Schemmel.
Click here to view our upcoming Meeting Dates.
2020-21 PISA Board
Rachael Lacina – Co-President
Shane Schemmel – Co-President
Deb Schaffer – Treasurer
Amy Nibauer – Secretary
BECOME A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE!
Class representatives attend the PISA monthly meetings to help plan, organize, and recruit other parent helpers from their class for upcoming events including plays, talent showcases, and fundraisers. If you are interested in becoming a class representative please email Rachael Lacina or Shane Schemmel.
Please support our efforts by becoming a member of PISA and by supporting our fundraisers. Some of our major fundraisers are:
- Ad space in the plays and musical programs
- Concessions and ticket sales at the plays and musicals
- Cake Auction
- Regal Coffee House Theater
- Annual Fall Mum Sale
- Membership Dues
A significant portion of our proceeds go directly to the Fine Arts programs and teachers at Regina.
These funds provide:
- Funds for three major drama productions each year
- Equipment/supplies/activities for art, music, band, orchestra, drama, choir, speech/debate
- School improvements such as:
- New speaker systems in elementary and HS gyms
- Renovation of the elementary/junior high art room
- New microphones used during Masses and drama productions
- A new stage curtain in elementary gym