Regina Tri-Parish Religious Education Program serves public school students who attend the parishes of St. Mary’s, St. Patrick’s and St. Wenceslaus
The Regina Tri-Parish Religious Education Program is dedicated to providing the Catholic public school students of Iowa City with a dynamic learning environment rich in faith formation, Catholic doctrine, and religious celebration.
The Regina Tri-Parish Religious Education Program in cooperation with parents and parishes strives to provide Catholic religious education for public school students K-8. We follow Vatican II’s objectives to make faith living, conscious, and active. We seek to create an environment where young Christians have the opportunity for personal encounter with Jesus, spiritual growth, gaining an understanding and knowledge of the Catholic faith, and deepening a respect for the dignity of others. We believe that by introducing children to Jesus Christ and fostering their relationship with Him the children will be prepared to live the Christian life: loving God and loving others in God.
The primary goals of the Regina Tri-Parish Religious Education Program are:
1. To create a Christian atmosphere where students have the opportunity to foster and experience a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. To evangelize and assist the students in understanding, appreciating, and living the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
3. To sensitize our students to the importance of honoring the God-given dignity of human persons on both a personal and global level.
4. To provide a superior religious education program which allows for individuality in faith development.
5. To emphasize the community aspects of family and parish life.
Theme for 2016-2017
“Prayer: The Faith Prayed”